Nativity Elementary Does it all!
“In the beginning, coping with school closure and the transition to distance learning was not easy for the Nativity community. We quickly began to miss one another. One way to keep our sense of community strong, was to have a virtual Safer at HomeSpirit Week. Each day students went along with a theme that reminded them of the importance of remaining Safer at home.
- Monday’s theme was “Making the Dream of Returning to School Come True & Staying Home.” Students spent their day learning in the comfort of their pajamas.
- Tuesday’s theme was “Teaming Up Against this Pandemic and Staying Home.” Students wore their favorite team’s gear.
- Wednesday’s theme was “Stay Well Wednesday.” Students shared how they are staying healthy at home.
- Thursday’s theme was dedicated to those who continue to be of service to others during this time. Thank you, service workers. Students shared pictures and videos expressing their gratitude to the men and women who continue to work for us each day.
- Friday’s theme was “For the Love of Family.” Students shared how they are making the most of family time in the safety of their homes.
Although we still miss one another tremendously, this week helped us remain connected and allowed for us to truly feel that we are all making a difference for our community and our world.”
-Teresa Reynoso-Gonzalez, M.Ed., Nativity School Principal